Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Texas Newt

Brian and I flew back from Kansas City this past weekend in the Saratoga. KC to Southern TX is a solid 5 hr flight plus a little change due to the major storm cells that were brewing over Oklahoma. We arrived Sunday night in Kingsville - completely exhausted. It was midnight and Brian had a morning military "watch" at 0530. To wash off the travel, Brian ran into the bathroom, shed his clothes, turned towards the shower and yelled, "Ohhhhhhhhhh My GOSH....." mixed with an expletive and maybe another expletive.
"Brian...are you okay?" I asked. His response, "There's a newt in our shower." At that very moment, I knew why God had blessed me with Brian: he was meant to slay a newt. Just like a skilled surgeon requesting a scalpel, he said, "Get. Me. Tupperware." A couple screams later, (from both of us), and this is what he captured:

ew. We released it far from the house. I want to move.

2 comments:

Brooksie said...

Dear Marie,

You make me laugh.

And you make me terrified to live in Texas.

Thanks so much.

Your fellow amphibian hater,
Brooksie

Brooksie said...

Also,

I apologize that my name showed up on that last comment as "wifey". That will be fixed in the future.

Technology-spastic in Texas,
Brooksie