Sunday, November 06, 2011

Boo! Piper le Pew

And as much as some people think that one is celebrating bad things on Halloween, I have personally claimed this holiday as the day I celebrate community. There are a lot of cool memories that can be made - kids and parents wearing silly outfits, neighbors meeting each other, getting to know people in your neighborhood...in fact, while we were taking Piper for the rounds, we found out that one of our neighbors had undergone pretty extensive back surgery. I would have never known! (great neighbor of the year award does not go to me....) Sometimes we're all so cooped up in our own houses and lives that it's nice to have events and holidays to make people get out and into each others business - not in a nosy way but in a "we're all in this together" sort of way.

Anyway, in a nutshell...or a pumpkin shell, it was a stellar Halloween and wonderful time to party with the community and family.

I carved the pumpkins while Avie baked the seeds.

Then, I shared my Halloween tradition with Avie and Piper - watching the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video and dancing around my house like a moon-walking queen. They were thoroughly impressed - more so with Michael Jackson than me though.... Brian couldn't be apart of the dance party but he did make it in time for the candy!


After some pics, it was on to Piper's first Trick-or-Treating in the 'hood.
Needless to say, she was the most adorable skunk I have ever seen. After a couple houses, we called it a night - we determined that Piper sufficiently scored enough candy for her parents.

After Piper was in bed and the door bell rang less and less, Brian and I left Nana in charge of the lil' skunk and Brian and I got an impromptu date. The only thing showing so late was the 3 Musketeers...and in keeping in the theme of Piper's costume, it kinda stunk; but I did get to ride on Brian's bike for my first time, so that made it fun. It was even more fun that as we rode away in our neighborhood, I cackled and made some late night trick-or-treaters scream. Mwwwaaa hahaaha!!! Happy Community Day!!! Not as good of a ring as "Halloween", but I'm working on it...

No comments: