This past Christmas, we decided it was best to stay put in Califor-NI-YAY. As much as we missed family back in the midwest, I can't deny that enjoying mimosas all day long and being no where at no time made our Christmas quite relaxing. But let me back up a smidge...
Christmas ain't Christmas without Jesus So Christmas Eve we got all
gussied up for our church's eve service! (Did I mention that we sorta
found a church?) Piper was in her Christmas dress, I in my GORG suede
skirt and blouse and my handsome man in his civies (military lingo for
civilian garb - biz casual - because when you wear flight suits all week, everything else seem to get that all-encompassing
"Civi" title...)
A half hour after a couple praise songs and dealing with a little jumping Piper, we had to get outta church - I like to say that it's not the amount of time we spend at church, but moreso, the volume we like to exude in worship. I sang my heart out for "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and Piper offered a little heralding of her own.
We came home to a beautiful tree, presents, dinner and then it was bath and bed time for the little one. Afterall, Santa has to visit when we're all sleeping and we must be rested to celebrate Jesus!
Christmas Morning, Brian and I got out the Christmas coffee cake, made some coffee, heard Piper starting to stir and then began some present opening!
 |
| Good Morning, Christmas! |
 |
| Piper has her presents and she's ready to begin |
 |
| little does she know, Tommy is just as excited about present-opening... |
 |
| getting the 101 about how to open presents, meanwhile, she's content just to hold them... |
|
 |
| Santa brought her a highchair! |
 |
| "So I would contend that these cheerios are sphere-like yet...delightful" |
 |
| Santa got Juneau a Frisbee...and some warm weather |
 |
| ahhhh, relaxing |
 |
| a little confused about whose bed belongs to whom |
After opening presents, we began calling all of our family, and cooking up our Surf and Turf dinner. It was a quiet, beautiful and warm California Christmas, which allowed us to count our blessings and begin building our traditions. We hope your Christmas was just as "chill" whether snow made it white or the people you love made it warm.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord," Luke 2:11.
No comments:
Post a Comment