
We are attending a mandatory ball!? I have to get all dressed up? We have to leave Kingsville and go to Pensacola and be surrounded by handsomely groomed servicemen (and women) - with my husband standing out as the most handsome in his whites? Ohhh brother....how will I ever go on?
Okay, so it didn't take much arm twisting to leave Kingsville this past weekend. After all, it was our first Military Ball experience - thrown in honor of the T-45 Goshawk. A great number of people who created, maintained and continue flying the Goshawk enjoyed an evening of formal wear, food, and speeches. To be honest, there's not much more to say about it. Since Brian and I are only a couple months into his training here in Kingsville - and because he did his primary training in Enid at the Vance Air Force Base, we didn't know a lot of people at the event. We did meet a lot of cool people but I didn't really want to stay out until the wee hours clutching my bottled water.
One of my personal favorite parts of the trip was the day after the "events" - SATURDAY. Brian and I borrowed a friend's jeep, drove with the top off (...the jeep's top of;-), and went to Destin to get some of our favorite seafood. Dewey Destins is fabulous hole-in-the-wall restaurant with some of the freshest fish I've had in my life...and their hush puppies - mind blowing. Afterwards, we went to a pool and fell asleep for an hour.
Our evening concluded with shish-kebop's and friends that also did their primary in Enid. Finally, people we knew and loved :-) Overall - a great trip. Thank you, John, for watching June-Buggy and Tommy the terrorist. :-)
2 comments:
Love, Love, Love this post! It made me cry all over again! :) And please don't post green poop stories, but do call me and tell me all about it, K?
I think it's time for another post prego. And maybe a belly shot?!?!?!?
Post a Comment