Friday, March 16, 2012

February Shtuff

February has come and gone and Lord knows what's happened to THAT month!
Coaching basketball and teaching piano lessons have been in full swing, Brian's job has been CRAMMED FULL of events, and we've hosted a couple quick visitors! 
My Dad came for a day; I'll never forget the conversations we shared concerning life with children in your 20's and keeping your sights on long-term goals.  That man is a bon vivant and an amazing intellectual - he always seems to have fun and also challenges everyone around him to be better without pressuring anyone to do so.  I hope I have that attribute when I teach and parent!



Most recently, Carter, Brian's stepbrother, stopped in while he was on his way to a conference in Las Vegas.  It was awesome to hear Brian and Carter walk down memory lane and all the psycho things they did when they were little - yikes, it makes me afraid if I ever have to raise a boy....


And speaking of raising a kid...This Piper girl is amazing - do you know that?  Really.  I'm not kidding - she's so stinking cool that I can't get over it. We make silly noises, crawl and walk around the house, squirt water at each other with her bath toys, and we even watch a little yo gabba gabba which is a show that condones having a dance party 24/7.  If I have it my way, Piper will be break-dancing by the time she's 2 years old.

No comments: