Friday, March 25, 2011

Arts & Crafts at the Sullivan Household

His Craft:
Storage storage storage. For one, we are lacking space. For two, we aren't as organized as we could be with the space we have. Soooooo, the other day, Brian began scheming. His stacks of pubs (flight charts), flight gear, maps, books, wires, paperwork, office supplies and the gorgeous pictures of his family are strewn about our office upstairs, so he is going to construct some shelving. The master plan is that it is mobile, sturdy and useful. We'll worry about the asthetics of it later.


Her Craft:

Piper is in need of some artwork for her future bedroom, (for when we move in a couple months), so I thought I would throw a little something together. It's basically a combination of all the things I love: crafting, sewing, colors, letters, french-learning, fabric, culture, and distinctly Piper - and when I say Piper, I mean that I'm putting things in the pictures that remind me of her and that I hope for her.

Step 1: Get canvas', modge podge and photocopied letters from my French host mom and Frenchie pen pal then glue them on. I did three coats to get a nice glossy finish.

Step 2: Cut out fabric in the things that are distinctly Piper: Piper Cub yellow airplane, brown Piper cub, and the world because we hope she loves traveling and exploring as much as her parents do.

Step 3: Iron/glue on colorful fabric pictures and include French vocabulary.



Not only is this artwork fun but we hope she likes the reflection of her Dad in the airplanes and her Mom in all the french - after all, she is stuck with us!


Little One's Craft:

Piper is currently working on a dookie in her cloth diaper for me to clean in a little bit.

No comments: